Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What's Hap-pinning Wednesday + August Goals

Well y'all, the paint color for our house has finally been decided! After having spent over $100 on paint samples, we finally chose a color......what do you think?
My heart just jumped up and down when Steven told me yesterday that he has always wanted to live in a Barbie pink house! I am kind of hoping that when they get done painting, a pink Barbie jeep will magically appear in the garage for me too! :) Bahahaha! 

Ok, so not really, but we DID pick a color! Sherwin Williams Morris Room Gray! 

Woohooooo!! And to give our house a little update, we are getting all of the window trim painted too. 
I can't wait for a big reveal once everything is finished!!!! 

It is no secret that hot sauce is staple at our house. Just like Chrissy Teign says, siracha is our house ketchup!! But what do you do when you're out and your dinner needs a little pick me up? Make your own sauce! 
I mixed equal parts mayo to grey poupon. Then I added two big shakes of hot sauce and one squirt of ranch dressing. Y'all, this was so good I just might make some and put it in a bottle!! It would be delicious on a hamburger, or over hashbrowns (I'm looking at you Saturday morning!), but we used this sauce on top of couscous cakes! I used THIS recipe, but then I got home and remembered that I had couscous, not quinoa. They were really good and the recipe made enough to last for two meals!

In no particular order, here are a few things that I would like to accomplish this month!

- Hang guest room curtains
- Hang blind in Steven's office
- Buy ferns for the front door. I can't decide if I want to do something one sided or have ferns on either side. What do y'all think?

Etsy: Signs From The Pines

- Go to Atlanta for no reason
- Backup my iphone. I'm getting real sick of the "not enough storage" message....
- Finish pressure-washing the "pool deck" aka the concrete slab around our large piece of grass haha!
- Look for fabric for living room and dining room curtains.
- Win a lottery scratch off ticket ;)

So fingers crossed I can get 2/3 of that accomplished in the next 29 days! I'm linking up with Jenn and Jessi for 
Whats Hap-pinning Wednesday! 


2 comments:

  1. I like the color! Cannot wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I can't wait for the big reveal either! How exciting and fun! Xo

    ReplyDelete