Tuesday, May 3, 2016

10 on Tuesday

Saturday afternoon while half buzzed off of Henry's Orange Hard Soda (have you had this?? SO GOOD) and Sangria, I had a "GREAT" idea about writing a 30 Things I Know post! However, I don't know if I really even know 30 profound things and I don't want to keep you here all day; so, I've narrowed it down to 10 things, thanks to Karli at September Farm! Here we go.....In not particular order.

1)  Snail mail is the greatest. I LOVE getting cards in the mail!!! I really love picking out just "the right" card to send or to give to someone. Physical paper beats a FB post any day! However, Hallmark is capitalizing on this LOVE because the last card I bought was $6.49. Woof

2) Always carry a bottle opener in your car. You will either be someone elses hero, or your own.

3) A good bra is like your best friend. Perks you up, makes you feel good and is always there for you. Invest in both.

4) Learn how to make a signature dish - Click HERE for mine - and memorize the recipe. Every time I make it, it reminds me of how much Steven loved it! And still does that for matter :)

5) Drinking (enough) water is really important.

6) 9 out of 10 times, your mother usually right. Damnit. I never want to admit that, but she is right about most things.

7) Buy stationary. This kind of links back to #1, but have some stationary on hand. It doesn't have to be fancy, it can even be just a single card with a design at the top, but when you need to drop a quick thank you note, you've got it!

8) Do not talk bad about your spouse/significant other on social media. And DO NOT post anything about pooping on social media. Seriously. Does Steven drive me crazy sometimes? Well yes! He is human, but I cannot imagine putting him down for others to read about. Oh and anything related to pooping, sure its funny to talk about with (close) friends, but do you really want your Great Aunt Mildred who just joined Facebook to bring it up at the next family gathering? That would be a Hell No.

9) Sometimes you have to say "I'm Sorry" to save a friendship. While you may not feel that you've done something wrong, the other person does, and what is more important? Your ego or the friendship?

10) The older I get, the more and more I firmly believe in the six "deadly" terms used by women....
Fine - Go Ahead - Nothing - That's Okay - Whatever - Wow. Watch out the next time these come up in conversation ;)

So there you have it friends, 10 Things I Know! And now you know too!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look!! and Love these, especially not putting down your spouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the Hallmark statement! They are outrageous. I have found that making personalized cards on Walgreens app (cvs does them too!) is much more meaningful and so much cheaper! (~$2 a card). You can put pictures on them or just use a template. It is so easy to do and they're ready within the hour! :) hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete