Monday, March 14, 2016

A Recipe Kinda Weekend!

I did an awful job of photographing our weekend.... Not only did I organize a bachelorette dinner and lingerie shower for my cousin Anna, Steven and I met up with friends afterward downtown!! So blogger FAIL on the photos, but blogger WIN for two new recipes :)

Who likes margaritas?? Raises hand! Who likes 'em spicy?? Raises both hands!

It is no secret to anyone who knows Steven that his blood type is hot sauce. There's about 10 bottles of it in my fridge right now and Siracha is a daily condiment. We absolutely LOVE tequila and margaritas. Yes, they're caloric and sugary, but we won't care!! Our favorite mix is the Habanero Pineapple from Williams-Sonoma, but the closest W-S is an hour from our house, so I had to come up with my own version. Friends, meet the sweet-heat margarita!
If you follow me on IG (@laurabethcaudell) then you'll remember my ingredients picture that I shared, but here is the recipe:

(1) Can frozen limeade
(3) 6oz. Cans of pineapple juice
Fill the empty limeade completely with tequila
Fill the emply limeade can halfway with triple sec
I used several "dollups" of hot sauce but I would equate this to 1/4 tsp.
Two "dashes" of chili powder
Stir! Stir! Stir! Stir until the sauce blends into the juice.
Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices


We enjoyed a few rounds of ladder ball on the "pool deck" Friday night while sipping these and then I whipped it tacos for dinner later! Friday was all "OLE!" with Mexican flair haha!

While in the grocery store last night, I was struggling with what to make for dinner. I always struggle on Sunday nights because I don't want to cook, the weekend is over and I'm tired. I was in the sandwich wrap section of the bakery and I saw the Naan. Ohhhh Naan, you're so good! Then it hit me, Naan pizzas!!!! I so wish that I could fully take credit for this idea, but Natalie from Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers shared her Naan pizza recipes last week, and that is where I got the idea from.
Meet the chicken veggie Naan: 

Naan
Pizza Sauce
Diced rotisserie chicken
Diced bell peppers
Diced tomatoes 
Shredded kale
Mozzarella
Jalapeno Feta Cheese
Garlic powder + pepper + red pepper flakes
Bake at 400* for 17-19 minutes (depending on your oven) 
I cut them up into four pieces each, drizzed with siracha and dinner was served! I sipped a little Pinot Noir with mine and it was delicious! Steven agreed and said that we needed to have these more often. I love it when I make something and he really enjoys it :)

Like the post title says, it was a recipe kinda weekend!! I hope everyone had a great weekend too!




3 comments:

  1. GIRL - you are speaking my love languages with these margaritas. I have never tried one spicy like this, but I'm about to get on it! I feel a margarita night Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do Naan pizzas quite often, so delicious! And cheers to margaritas!!!

    ReplyDelete