Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Low Carb Plan

Oh bread, how I adore thee!

Oh pasta, you are the key to my heart!

Oh potatoes, you make meals SO good!

Oh starchy items, how you make my waistline bloat!

With just a mere 31 days til the big day, I've got to cut down on the bloat. I am struggling to find the extra time to workout, unless its at 5:30am or 9:00pm. And at either of those times, I'm either exhausted or bitchy and working out is the last thing I want to do. So, diet is the only way I can control my waistline right now.

Enter the low carb plan!

I've had several girlfriends tell me that they went low-carb before their weddings and it helped them shed the last few pounds they wanted to get rid! I am not the only one who wants to get rid of a few pounds, Steven does too, so this makes watching our food intake easier.

I wanted to share with y'all our weekly dinner menu and give you and idea of what my daily intake looks like....just in case anyone has any advice for me :)

Day 1)

Warm lemon water (right when I wake up, about 30 minutes before I have any coffee)
2 Cups of coffee with liquid creamer
2 Mexican egg muffins*
Mid morning snack - cucumber slices + orange la croix
Lunch - salad with tomatoes and cucumber + dressing with a side of turkey and cheese slices
Afternoon snack - more h20 with almonds (lightly salted) and peanuts (chile lime seasoned)
Dinner - Romaine lettuce, turkey BLT wraps

Dinners)

Romaine lettuce, turkey BLT wraps - click here
Chicken, broccoli casserole - click here
Chicken stuffed red peppers - click here
Veggie Soup - my mom's recipe! I'll share it next week!

*Mexican egg muffins/cups
Preheat oven to 350
Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray
Crack and scramble 8 eggs
Drain 1 can of Rotel. You can use original or hot. Add to egg mixture
Add 1 cup mini diced ham cubes
Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of hot jalepeno cheese (you can also use cheddar)

I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop mixture into pan
Bake for 20-25 minutes
I let it cool before I removed them
Store in air tight container in the fridge
Voila!

To reheat
One minute is the ideal time to "grab n go", however do not put them in the microwave for a whole 60 seconds, I break it up in to two 30 second rounds. A whole minute will make the ham or tomatoes "pop".

So ladies, (and gents if you're out there reading) here is my loosely laid low-carb plan. Yesterday I felt great and hoping that today will be just as easy! Now, as long as I can make it through the weekend, we'll be good :) Although I might "cheat" and eat a hot dog at the UGA game on Saturday night! It's just not a game without a hot dog and a Jim Beam and coke!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! The husband does the low carb thing pretty often (much to my carb-loving-heart-dismay). It's tough but definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete