Monday, August 3, 2015

The Dangers of Shopping From Your Bed

Anyone ever heard of a gall stone? Or worse, had one? Well I've got them, and they're a b*tch. The only solid food that I have had in seven days is crackers. I guess you could count the noodles and the carrots/celery in the chicken noodle soup I've consumed too. Needless to say, I got a jump on the wedding diet!

A friend of mine in the medical field told me that people compare the pain of gall and kidney stones to that of child birth...so I guess I am ready for that now! Hahaha! Today is my first day back at work and I am about 90% better, but most importantly I am 100% happy to be out of the bed. Most people love their bed, and I do too, but being laid up in the bed is dangerous for my wallet.

It started with an IG picture from Brie at Sophistifunk, 30% off all BaubleBar purchases until 7/31! If you remember, several weeks ago I posted about these earrings for my bridesmaids. So I thought to myself, "Hey with 30% off I'll order a pair just to see if I like them in person.". 

As the old saying goes.....one thing lead to another....and in between Wednesday and Friday I ordered items from Dress Up, Express and Nordstrom. I will say though, I am quite excited about what is coming in because.......

I am starting a wardrobe capsule!

I finally decided that it was time. I am almost 30, I want to look chic and put together everyday, not like I am getting ready to go to class at college. I am sick and tired of staring at my closets thinking "there is not a damn thing in here that I want to put on today". But anyway, enough about that, I will be writing a very detailed post about everything. Let's see what I purchased!

Dress Up - Two basic short sleeved t-shirts in black (scoop neck) and ivory (v-neck).
Express - Nude Booties
Nordstrom - Red and black patterned short sleeve tunic ( GO DAWGS ), Ankle length skinny jeans (for rolling up purposes with booties and pumps w/ankle strap), white crew neck t-shirt and olive green blouse.

I might change my mind on a few things once they get here depending on the length of the shirts. I am 5'2 so some items might be too long. Irregardless I am excited to share with y'all how this whole process goes! Here are the pictures - Enjoy :)

via Pinterest/Nordstrom

via Pinterest/Nordstrom

via Pinterest/Dress Up

via Pinterest/Express

via Pinterest/Dress Up

via Pinterest/Nordstrom

1 comment: