Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Steven's SURPRISE 30th Birthday!

I told you I had something up my sleeve for Steven's 30th! It was a surprise party at Terrapin Beer Company on the Saturday of his birthday - June 27th!!

His birthday started out with his favorite breakfast - breakfast casserole and fruit - followed by a few presents and Netflix watching. We're so rowdy, I tell you what!! Once the afternoon rolled around we started getting ready to head to Athens. He knew that we were meeting two other couples at Terrapin, what he didn't know was who all was going to be there, nor did he know that we had a private tent and bartender!
A few days before the party, I text the couples we were meeting and told them, that if Steven text them once we got to Terrapin, to tell him that they were under the tent - just to be on the safe side! Once we arrived, I "fibbed" and said that Carey said they were under the tent. I think that he knew what was going on once we neared the tent and he saw the 'Happy Birthday' banner, but he was shocked that everyone was there!! :)

After lots of hugs and a few 'how are you's' we started sipping beverages! And shortly after that we cut his cake.
Steven said that he didn't want a birthday cake, but seriously what is a birthday without cake? And what is a 30th birthday without a beer mug, red velvet cake?!?!?!

We had about an hour and a half left of the party and suddenly the sky got really, really dark and next thing you know....the tornado sirens starting going off. Isn't that comforting? So we headed inside for the remainder of the time.

We closed Terrapin down that evening. A great time was had by all and my heart was SO FULL that everyone came out to celebrate my love!! Here are a few pictures from the party :) Enjoy! 
I gave him the "yeti" on Saturday morning....he was kind of deflated....but he didn't know he was getting a real one later on!





Steven, 

Little did I know that writing on your Facebook wall last year would lead to the life we have now. Out of all the "decisions" I have made in life, that was the second best decision I made. The best decision I ever made was choosing you to spend my life with! You make me smile everyday, you make me want to be a better person and when I curl up beside you at night, there is no place I would rather be. I love you baby! 

LB


1 comment:

  1. Ahh!! That beer mug cake!! That is legit!! Lol! Sounds like you did an awesome job pulling off his surprise & I love the "Yeti"!! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete