Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Early Birthday Celebration!

My main squeeze turns 30 this Saturday! On Sunday he just "couldn't get over" the fact that he was about to be 30. He hasn't really talked about getting older, so this was news to me :) It is funny though, now as I push 30, it doesn't seem that old me to anymore, like it is just happening and "29 and holding" isn't that big of deal now. HOWEVER, I might be singing a different tune once my birthday rolls around next year!

Saturday evening we headed to Atlanta to celebrate his birthday with Liz and David, Steven's sister and brother in law. All week long Liz and I went back and forth on where to eat! I mean seriously, have you seen how many restaurants there are in Atlanta? TONS. We finally settled on JCT Kitchen right on the outskirts of Midtown in Westside Urban Market.
We arrived earlier than our reservation so we could have pre-dinner cocktails at the bar upstairs. You could see some of skyline and we snapped a few pictures before it got too dark!


I cannot tell you how good our meal was!! The fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese and deviled eggs appetizers....I am still thinking about them! Steven's parmesean-truffle oil fries? To die for! If you are looking for a fabulous date night restaurant, with upscale southern dishes, then JCT is where you need to go!!! Honestly, I loved everything about the restaurant. Our waitress was funny, knowledgeable of the wine menu and was very attentive to us. The decor is that of a neutral palate so you eye kind of wanders around the restaurant peacefully, no loud colors or music, excellent for a first date or a party! But my favorite part of the evening was my dress!

Earlier in the day I went to the local Banana Republic Factory Store to get Steven some boxers, and I walked out with three dresses for myself haha! This dress was originally $99 and I walked out paying $13.97. Yes, $13!!! RUN don't walk to your local BR and snag this dress up! Click Here it will make a great addition to your wardrobe! The ink/indigo color will carry you into the fall as well and would look super cute with a denim jacket and booties!

Speaking of celebrations....Steven's birthday is quite special. If it hadn't been for FB reminding me last year about his birthday, I would have never written on his wall, he would have never messaged me and we wouldn't be where we are today! Happy Early Birthday Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment