Wednesday, October 29, 2014

From Summer to Fall - WWIW

Hey pretties!! Mother Nature is having a serious hot flash here in Georgia, its over 80 degrees, when just last weekend the lows were in the 30's! I sure would like for her to get things under control! Haha.

A few weeks ago a group of my girlfriends were getting together for dinner and I just wasn't in the mood to wear jeans. I thought about it for a minute and though "ooh I'll wear my Cheeky Peach dress with a shirt over it!"

Back track with me just a bit.... In July my friend Katie, who owns Cheeky Peach moved locations in downtown Athens and a friends and family shopping night to show off her new store. I spotted this maxi on the rack and after trying it on, I knew it had to have it! Since buying the dress I only had the opportunity to wear it twice. Once on a date night with my Mister and once on an evening out with my mom.
I've mastered the bathroom selfie haha!
What really drew me to this dress were the colors, great for both summer and fall, and I love the gathered waistline. Sometimes maxis can be unflattering if they don't have a defined waist. The shirt I have on is from Old Navy and the necklace was a gift from my friend Erin. You know when you put on an outfit and it just feels good? This is one of them! If you love this look, I included several links below if you want to re-create it!!


The above picture is from my Instagram (@laurabethpalmer) and I had someone ask me what shoes I wore with the dress. What you can't see in the picture is the bottom pattern. I'm short (5'3) and I did not want to get it cut off because it would have been in the middle of the pattern, so I've paired it with these BCBGeneration pumps. I think that a great sandal and or bootie would look great with this too!

What's your favorite way to transition summer pieces to fall? 

Side note: Since I began writing this post, I did save it and do a little work then came back, the weather has gone from sunny, to a quick rain shower and now its cloudy and windy. Mother Nature needs some hormones!! If it starts to snow outside, you can find me buying copious bottles of wine at Kroger and hunkering down in my living room haha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment