Monday, October 27, 2014

Allow me to introduce myself....

Hey! I'm Laura Beth - which I am sure that you've gathered by now haha! - and welcome to my blog, Georgia Glam.

I'm 28 and live in Athens, Georgia aka The Classic City. Like any typical, warm-blooded woman, I like love to shop, sip wine, watch Scandal and wish I was Olivia Pope, dance to 80's music and try out new makeup!
 If you've read my 'about me' page then you'll see I added "not cooking" to my list of things that I enjoy. This is true to an extent, I like to entertain and menu plan, but the actual art of cooking (and then cleaning up) is what I could do without. However, I am trying to get better about this! I've got a laundry list of recipes from Pinterest that I'm getting pretty good at mastering!!
Black beans soup anyone??
I've known my Mister since I was 5 and we went to school together until middle school. His family moved to St. Simons and I never saw him after that. Thanks to Facebook we became friends several years ago, and when FB "notified" me that it was his birthday I decided to write on his wall. That Happy Birthday post turned into a FB message from him, which turned into him asking for my phone number and after several weeks of talking we saw each other for the first time in 19 years! Yep, crazy right?? Never in a million years did I think that I would have a reason to be thankful to Facebook.
Hello 4th grade!!

Highlands, North Carolina
We're getting ready to move in December. Where you ask? That's a great question because we have not even found a place yet :( House hunting is proving to be much harder than we expected. Although, I am looking forward to finding a place, decorating, attempting diy projects and working on those cooking skills! I will say though, the Mister is a very good cook as well (praise the Lawd! haha)

Reading is something that I loved my whole life. There are currently three books at my house that have bookmarks in them, a mystery thriller, a girly comedy and a business book. I'll let you know if I ever get around to finishing them!

So what will you see around Georgia Glam?

- Outfit posts, featuring my black $5 Target mirror, girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to take an outfit picture haha! I am a big fan of Banana Republic, Express and several local boutiques, Alta Moda, Cheeky Peach and House of Glisten.


- Red Wine. 'Nough said.
My current favorite! Especially after it has been through an aerator. Image via

- Adventures around Georgia. I will try to share my favorite places in Athens, Atlanta, St. Simons and around the area of our new home (once we finally move!).

- Random life thoughts - sometimes it is just good to get it out!



Cheers! I hope that you'll stick around a while! 'Til tomorrow's post! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment