Friday, October 31, 2014

5 (or 6) on Friday!!!

In honor of the Georgia vs Florida football game tomorrow AKA The Worlds Largest Cocktail Party I wanted to share some photos from years past, and it just so worked out that I've been 5 (or 6 :) times! Perfect for the 5 on Friday link-up!





This year the Mister and I aren't traveling down to the game, but you can be rest assured we'll be watching it!


2006
This was my first Georgia-Florida experience. We were juniors in college, we stayed at a scary Red Roof Inn off the interstate and almost got kicked out of the Budweiser Brewery tasting room the day before the game. The guy that I went to the game with left me at halftime. I made friends with the people sitting next to us, I then went to The Landing after the game with them and proceeded to hang out with them for the rest of the night. Uhhhhh can you say dangerous? I took a cab back to the hotel all by myself when we were done partying. No, seriously, I wish I was making that story up. The Lord was watching out for me that night! Needless to say...it was a long ride back to Athens the next day. I also couldn't tell you if we won or lost that year...

 2008
This year was a BLAST! I was interning for the UGA Athletic Association so I had great seats to the game and a swanky place to stay - Hyatt Riverfront. I had to "work" a sponsor dinner on Friday night but it was a lot of fun! Shortly after this picture was taken, I got hit in the head with a football,thank goodness for bourbon! We jammed out to some serious 80's music in my two-door Honda on the way home, which really helped because the Gators kicked our ass 49-10. Ouch. 

2010


Ohhhh 2010, what a year!! We stayed on St. Simons this year and contributed to some serious partying on Frat Beach! We lost that game by 3 points, it was a sad ride back to the island but we partied at Ziggy's afterward to lift our spirits!

2011

In 2011 I headed to Jacksonville with two of my friends who are married - third wheel anyone??? Regardless of that we had a blast! Jeremy rode in the backseat on the way down while Natalie and I discussed everything under the sun. He watched a few movies on his laptop so that he could avoid listening to us talk about "pregnancy and periods" hahaha. We won this game in the last few minutes with a touchdown and field goal - it was beautiful!

2012 

 For some reason, this particular year, the Florida fans were dressed more tacky than usual....they were also very hateful. We tailgated closer to a main road and the fans would yell at us for no reason! We were just minding out own business, not sharing our beer and wearing Romney/Ryan buttons, whats the big deal?!?! Whit and Michael had tickets in club level, Marsha and I did not. Before walking in, Whitney says "just pretend like you know what you're doing", we walked straight in and sat down. The DAWGS took home a victory this year!!! 

2013 


Last year was fun and relaxed. We had oysters, enjoyed the beach, got slightly rained on at the tailgate and we brought home ANOTHER victory! When leaving from Athens and going the "back way" to I-16 you pass the UGA Football Barn Sign. I cannot wait to see what they've got on it this year!

All I've got to say is G-E-O-R-G-I-A GOOOOOOO DAWGS! SIC 'EM!!


No comments:

Post a Comment