Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekend Rewind!

First Update: I am move my jaw!!!! It still tastes like a hammer in my mouth and my ear is numb and I've got some weird neck pain, but I can move my jaw. PTL!

Friday evening I went to pick up our Georgia-Florida tickets from our friends Danny and Jessica! This will be Steven and I's first Ga/Fla together!! Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited! Afterward I headed home to freshen up, we had plans with some friends to go out in downtown Athens. Provided I could barely talk, I just wanted to get out of the house! We did dinner at Globe and drinks at Blue Sky. Blue Sky is somewhere that we never go and if Brandon hadn't suggested it, we wouldn't probably never gone, but they had a GREAT beer selection and it was nice to be in a bar with people that were more your age and not college students! One of the many pro/cons of living in a college town.

Saturday morning I got up early and headed out to meet my fellow Cancer Auxiliary members for our cheering station for the In Their Shoes Walk. The ITS walk is a fundraiser that put on by the is the Piedmont Athens Regional Foundation benefiting the Loran Smith Center for Cancer Support. The Piedmont Athens Regional Foundation is one of Cancer Auxiliary's beneficiaries so we always show our support by hosing a Pit Stop along the 13.1 mile walk!

I was feeling pretty crummy afterward so I headed home and retreated to the bed with Cornflake.
We had dinner plans with my parents that night, but luckily after a nice long nap I was feeling much better and the quivering in my jaw had almost completely subsided! We went to Mystic Grill in Covington. One of the things that I like about Mystic Grill is that they have a lounge area for people to wait in for their tables, they had a band playing - Chris Jon Scott -  and they were SO GOOD! We truly enjoyed listening to them!!

There was a live band on the square afterward so we walked over and listened to them for a while. For the first time all season, it finally felt like fall outside! However, we didn't last too long because my jaw started quivering, but this time from the cold!


Sunday morning we were up and at 'em again. We headed to Atlanta to go to brunch for Liz's birthday!! The way we go to Liz and Davids is through an older part of Atlanta, I could stare at the houses for hours. We went to Murphy's in the Highlands and it was delish! I'm still thinking about their fresh strawberry-lemon muffins! Mmmmm.
Earlier this month Liz went to Peru for a trip for school - she is in PA school - and pretty much the whole time she hung out with Llamas! They must be the "bumper crop" down there haha! I told her that Cornflake requested she bring her back a llama....
....and she did!!! This was Cornflake setting the llama straight as to who is the boss around these parts! HAHAHA!

We rounded out the weekend with a showing for me and a trip the gym for Steven. Laundry, laundry and a little more laundry followed by a James Bond movie was the end of our Sunday! Our weekend was great, and this week is going to (hopefully) fly by as I am anxious to get to SSI and cheer on my DAWGS! I hope that everyone had a fabulous weekend too!


1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys have fun this weekend! B and I went to our first GA/FL game together back in 2010 and we lost in OT. It was devastating but SUCH an exciting game!

    ReplyDelete