Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Husband Approved Turkey Burgers!

I've said it a few times, but I will say it again (for my own sake), we're on a health kick at the Caudell house. When last years shorts still fit, but are just a little tight, you gotta do something about it!

I have been making an honest effort to cook less meat, but sometimes you just need a meat protein at dinner! Enter, "Moms Turkey Burgers" from The Complete Mediterranean Diet cookbook AKA "Husband Approved Turkey Burgers!".


Y'all may not remember this, but I am allergic to red meat. :/ Yep, I cannot eat hamburgers or steak, and you have no clue just HOW BAD I would like a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendys. No clue. So in the absence of red meat, I have been desperately searching for a turkey burger alternative that hits the spot. Well friends, this is IT! And Steven loved it!! I know that he loves something when he tells me that he wants me to cook it again!

Here is what you'll need:

1 Pound Ground Turkey - I prefer the 93% lean to 7% fat ratio.
1 Can Rotel - Original recipe calls for mild, I bought hot.
1/3 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
"Dollup" of minced garlic
Salt + Pepper to taste
Seasonings: Chili Powder, Paprika, Cumin - These are an LB add in, not in the original recipe...

Turn oven on to Broil
Line cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray
Mix ingredients and make four patties
Cook patties for 5-6 minutes on each side
Remove from oven and serve over side garnish of choice!

I served these bunless and over brown rice with a side of salad. I topped the burgers with Siracha for an extra kick! I also think that pepper jack cheese on the top would be a great addition!!


Other than being husband approved, I think that my favorite part about this meal is that it was ready in less than 30 minutes! You mix it up, then while the burgers are cooking, you also cook the rice and VOILA! Dinner on the table!

Let me know if you try this and if its also "husband approved" at your house too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment