Monday, January 4, 2016

Insert Cliche New Year Title Here

Hey Pretty People! Welcome to 2016!!! 

If you've been following GG for a while, you know that 2015 was a whirlwind of a year, I married my best friend! In between planning the wedding and life in general, 2015 was a hectic year. I reflect on all the events that happened (good/bad/stressful/wonderful) and there is not a thing that I would change! It truly was the best year of my life. 


So as I look to '16, and think about what I want to do with myself this year, I draw a blank. 

I mean other than being a good wife/Christian/friend/daughter/volunteer, what do I want to accomplish? Is there a "word" that can define that? I have seen many people choosing just one word to define their year. I have seen people create visual boards to help narrow their definition. So when I think about coming up with resolutions or word(s), the only thing I can come up with, is that I just want to "live".

Live life with my husband
Live in the moment 
Live to improve my health 
Live to help improve my community 
Live to become closer to Him 

I think there is a lot to be said for just living

Moving forward I will continue to set monthly goals and I WILL attempt to stick with them this year ;) 
I also want to devote a little more time to this space! 
I plan to wear out my running shoes - Hello! Cooper River Bridge Run in April!!
I hope to grow in the area of WANT vs NEED.  

And so, there you have it my friends, my welcome to 2016 post! Let's Live!



3 comments:

  1. Love this idea of living in each moment! So happy for you with all that happened in 2015 and I know you're excited to see what 2016 will bring! :) Happy new year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good post! 2015 was a big year for y'all and 2016 is going to be so good, too! Woo hoo for being married! It's the best thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! My word for the year is GROW. I want to grow my little blogging space, grow as a reader/ lifelong learner, and grow closer to Him :) I also love how you brought up want vs. need. I really need to focus on that this year

    www.beingbradfords.com

    ReplyDelete