Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday Tidbits

Hey pretties! I can barely contain my excitement over here....I'm getting my hair cut today! Woohoooo.

You're pretty let down over that huh? Haha. I am desperately trying to let my hair grow for the wedding, so when you haven't gotten a trim since November, it is kind of exciting! Just last week I popped into Salon DM3 while my friend Lindsey was getting her hair cut-off, major hair envy I tell you! But this week it's my turn, even if it is only half of an inch haha. Come November 19th or 20th, you can be rest assured that I will be rocking the newlywed lob!

Moving on.....

Our yard is getting landscaped! The previous tenant did not take very good care of the yard, flower beds and bushes, so we are getting a major cleanup!!! We're having dead plants removed, fresh pine-straw put down, all the large bushes and trees trimmed and a wooden post dug up from where there was once a handicapped ramp on the front porch. Our landscaper also does my parents yard, so when he came out to the house, he asked me if I wanted them to plant flowers for me. I told him no as my mother can make ANYTHING grow, so we're going to find out if green thumbs are genetic! Hahaha.

I knew that with the fresh landscaping, our sidewalk, patio and garage would look tired. Not to mention there were a few red Georgia clay mud stains. There is only one way to fix that....pressure washing! So on Tuesday after work, my dad brought over the power washer and I got a crash course on how to use it.
From 6:30 until 8:00 I meticulously power washed every solid surface. I started pressure washing the side of the house and then I just had to stop myself haha! I could have KEPT on going, but I am sure that he neighbors were sick of hearing that thing run. Also, it might've taken me a little longer to dry my hair yesterday morning as my right arm was so sore! But I got it done and I patted myself on the back with two blue moons when I got finished :)

I am currently crushing on this dress from Loft! We are taking a little trip next month for my birthday and I've got a sneaking suspicion that this will be in my suitcase - especially since it comes in petite!
Chambray Shirtdress - LOFT
Lastly, a customer called my dad "big daddy" yesterday. Bahahahaha. Seriously, who calls someone "big daddy" unless it is an inside joke? But big daddy lead to big poppa and for the rest of the day I was singing "throw yo hands in the aire, if youse a true playa" and so I leave you today with The Notorious B.I.G. 



1 comment:

  1. So in LOVE with this blog!!!?you had me at Chambray Shirtdress. I just got it today and it is fabulous!!! So versatile!! And look at you power wash mama!! Come to Indiana and do ours!!! Happy to be following you!
    xoxo

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete