Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Lake Life: Memorial Day Weekend

I ended up shutting the business down early on Friday. The phone wasn't ringing, and while I was getting some studying done, there was just no point in being there. So myself, Uncle Mark and Alex said "bye felicia" at 4:00 o'clock! Steven also got off early on Friday, so by 5:15, we were LAKE BOUND! With Cornflake!



In the midst of everything that has been going on, we were both looking forward to relaxing! We got to the lake around 6:30 and then my aunt and uncle arrived around 8. We spend the rest of the evening sitting on the screened in porch just talking, enjoying some wine and eating the most AMAZING pound cake that my mom made!

The weather was perfect on Saturday! We got some sun, took the boat out and enjoyed the day. I don't know why we thought this was so funny, or why I'm holding my drink like this, but I have on a vest that I used to wear when I was a little girl haha! Maybe the lime-a-rita helped me get in it? Who knows!


The weekend of my birthday, Mickie and Steven were night fishing and they reeled in this piece of dock flotation. It has been hanging around since then and Steven got brave and put a chair on it....since then we have decided to market this as a "personal dock" HAHA. Just enough room for a chair and a cooler!
Sunday, Mother Nature had other plans and it rained all day. I got in a little studying, we hung out on the porch and by mid-afternoon it stopped raining and we got in an evening cruise!

Yesterday, I got fried! There was not a cloud in the sky and we took one last long boat ride before heading home. Steven and I ended our weekend with a motorcycle ride and pizza for dinner!! Today my sunburn looks much more like a tan and I'm back at work....dangit! The only thing getting me through the week is knowing that we're heading to St. Simons on Friday afternoon!

I hope that everyone had a fabulous long weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment